Friday, February 17, 2012

Today I thought I would post a photo of my new mixed media piece ADAM. This piece was inspired by Michelangelo The Creation of Adam. The first thing I did was to sculpt with a palette knife on a canvas for lots of thick texture. I then let it dry overnight before doing a transfer method and then painting over the sculpture and then adding more texture with more sculpting material and paint. I did this in several layers. This painting is on a 12 x 12 canvas. I used lots of different mediums on this piece. I like how it turned out:) (Please note that all my photos are copyright protected so please don't copy or remove them.)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Debra, I also belong to the yahoo christian artists group. Thought I'd stop by to see your new blog. It's very nice. I went on your facebook page too. You're baby sculptures are amazing. Thanks for sharing your talent.
    Brenda Hendricks

    ReplyDelete
  2. loveee all the textures on this Deb!!!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete